Orlando City Commissioner, District 1
Jim Gray is the embodiment of the American Dream…
He grew up in a middle class family that taught him the traditional American values of honesty, hard work, faith in God and giving back to your community. Jim married his high school sweetheart, Kathy, enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and like their parents, educated their kids in public schools. Jim is a local small businessman, husband, father and recent grandfather.
Commissioner Gray was elected to the Orlando City Commission on June 1, 2012. He has been a resident of Orlando since 1988.
In addition to his role as Commissioner, Jim is President of GrayPointe Capital, a commercial real estate investment and advisory firm headquartered in Orlando.
Prior to forming GrayPointe Capital, Jim spent 11 years with Parkway Properties, a publicly traded REIT specializing in the ownership and operation of high-quality office buildings in 13 cities throughout nine Sunbelt states. Prior to that, Jim spent 17 years with Wells Fargo Bank managing their real estate, wealth management and commercial lending efforts in Central Florida.
Jim earned his B.A. in finance from the University of Houston in 1982.
Outside of the office, Jim enjoys golf, fishing and traveling.
Other Biographical Information:
- Orlando City Commissioner, District 1, since 2012
- President and founder of GrayPointe Capital, a small business he proudly runs with his son in Orlando.
- Veteran, U.S. Air Force
- Married to Kathy for 38 years, proud parents and grandparents
- Member of Willow Creek Presbyterian Church
- Obtained approval for 3 new regional parks for District One
- Pushed for 25 new OPD patrol officers to keep neighborhoods safe
- Successfully resolved 10-year dispute between airport and North Lake Park
- Wakes up each morning energized to work for residents of District One!